I have almost 20 years of experience in developmental editing, copyediting, and proofreading. I work with academic presses, primarily on monographs and scholarly books in topics across the humanities and social sciences.
I also work with independent and self-publishing authors on academic books, memoirs, fiction, and nonfiction.
Previous positions held include:
- Associate managing editor at W. W. Norton
- Developmental editor at Routledge
- Assistant editor at McGraw-Hill
Current and past freelance clients include:
- Oxford University Press
- Penguin Random House
- Authors writing books in the fields of art history, religion, sociology, education, and psychotherapy.
Sample completed freelance projects include:
- The Abrahamic Religions: A Very Short Introduction by Charles L. Cohen
- Functional Awareness and Yoga by Allegra Romita and Nancy Romita
- Ralph Ellison, Temporal Technologist by Michael Germana
- Reconstruction: A Concise History by Allen C. Guelzo
- The Wages by Fanny Howe
- Women Who Fly: Goddesses, Witches, Mystics, and other Airborne Females by Serinity Young